Friday, July 20, 2007

Week 20

In 2 days we will be starting week 20, which is the halfway point for pregnancy!! One question I received a few days ago was, "Are you ready to have this baby?" Well......I don't think there is a definite readiness you can achieve. You may have the 'right' bank account, the perfect marriage, everything you think that could prepare you for a child, but none of that means you are 'ready.'

I have had the opportunity to travel and see many places in the world that some people only dream about. I have done MANY crazy and adventurous things and seen some amazing sites. I have also been blessed with an amazing man who supports me 100% (well I don't think he'd be happy if I went skydiving again!!), and a wonderful family with a best friend who I can count on no matter what. And now I am going to give birth to a beautiful baby girl. So am I ready? Probably not, and truthfully I probably won't ever be, but I have had an amazing life and am surrounded by people who love and adore me, so whatever help I need--I know they will be there.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

No one is truly ready until their baby is actually born, then it all just seems to fall into place. You've got great maternal instincts and the hugest heart, so that's all you really need. You care about people so much, so there is no doubt in my mind that parenting will come to you naturally. you'll be a WONDERFUL mommy!!

imdavidk said...

You're an amazing person and have a wonderful support system of friends and family that will help you with anything that might come up.

You can stand under my umbrella. :)