Friday, August 31, 2007

26 weeks

She must be preparing for her soccer career early--cause she is moving and kicking non-stop!! And guess when she likes moving the most-At NIGHT!! But it is definitely a feeling of relief to know that she is okay in there :) As for me....my official weight gain is 9 pounds! and I'm starting to have trouble sleeping. I have developed pregnancy carpel tunnel, which more than anything just drives me crazy! It is caused from fluid retention that as you ly down (at night) spreads to other areas of your body (hand and arm) and blocks nerve cells...so my hand goes to sleep and my arm hurts, all night long. Its better if I sleep sitting up so I have tried doing that a couple times. But at least the heat in Atlanta has subsided a little!! Pregnancy plus heat is not a good combination!

'Your baby now weighs a little under 2 pounds and measures about 14 inches, from head to heel. The nerve pathways in her ears are developing, which means her response to sounds is growing more consistent. Her lungs are developing now, too, as she continues to take small breaths of amniotic fluid — good practice for when she's born and takes that first breath of air.'

No comments: