Monday, October 1, 2007

30 weeks

30 weeks pregnant and only 2 months to go!! I think she will come around thanksgiving...or maybe around week 37 :) I am still working and going strong, although the huge belly is getting a little in the way now so I am having to learn how to manuver around things. Sciatic nerve pain strikes every now and then, and it is horrible. It starts in my butt and goes down my leg-with nothing relieveing it. Other than that the only other worry is my glucose tolerance, which Ill be back in the doctors office testing tomorrow morning. So EVERYTHING has been fairly easy!! And I am hoping that all the exercise and walking will help her come a couple weeks early :) My weight is 135 now. Yes, 135. The suggested weight gain during pregnancy is 25-35 lbs. So if I put on a lb a week the rest of the pregnancy I will be right at a 25 lb gain! Its hard keeping the cravings down at times. So I have tried to learn how to substitute when a craving strikes!! But I have to say, i honestly love veggies and cheeses. Brocolli, spinach salads, and even whole tomatoes are my favorites, so its a good thing for my little one that I do love eating healthy foods. And 'real' tacos (not taco bell!!) tend to be good for you too!! Corn tortillas, fish or a meat, and a sauce made from tomatillos and avocados...mmmmm.

Last week my co-workers threw me a baby shower at work-which was amazing!! It is so nice to see how much people care about you, especially during such a changing time in our lives. The baby gifts were so thoughtful, the food-great, the company even better, and the red velvet baby cake was delicous!!!!

No comments: