Wednesday, November 7, 2007

35 weeks

35 weeks and 2 days....When I was weighed at the doctors today I was told I have put on a total of 20 pounds, I now weigh 141. Which seems like a HUGE number for me, but 20 lbs. is actually better than perfect. Most women gain around 40, so my good eating habits and exercise are really benefiting me and the baby while I have been pregnant. Not that I eat good all the time....but at least most of the time!! :) I was also told my uterus measures 34 cm. Your uterus should measure right around how many weeks you are pregnant so since I am 35 weeks that is a great measurement for me. I also signed my release for the delivery of the baby, whether by c-section or vaginally. And next weeks doctors appointment will be a long awaited one! They will give me an internal exam to see if I have started to efface (thinning of the cervix) or dilate (opening of the cervix). And to do a pelvic exam to determine the size and position of the baby and to make sure she will be able to pass through my pelvis. I am extrememly excited to see if I have started to dilate b/c that means my body is starting the process of labor!

37 weeks is considered term in pregnancy, so the baby can come anywhere between 37-42 weeks, with you estimated due date at 40 weeks. So if she comes at 37 weeks then she will be here in less than 2 weeks!! In preparation for labor I have started drinking red raspberry leaf tea. The tea is proven to help the uterus contract during labor and after (so it can shrink back to its original size). The tea also has great minerals and anti-oxidants. And pedro has mastered the art of how to time contractions and when we need to go to the hospital!! A lot of people have been asking me if I am nervous--I don't think I am that nervous. I am anxious and excited. I am excited to start a family with Pedro. And I am excited about the motivation and inspiration she will provide for me. And I am happy with how many positive changes she has helped me make and she is not even here yet. Children really are miracle life savers :)

No comments: