Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On monday I went back to the doctor for my weekly visit. The news?! I have a dimple in my cervix, yes a dimple. I was hoping they would tell me I was at least 3 cm dilated!! Oh well, everything is wonderful with Isabella so I cannot complain one bit. Now heres where it gets fun......Tuesday Pedro and I were at the soccer fields. He was flying one if his airplanes (for those who don't know--Pedro builds and flies gas engine airplanes) and he is very good at it!! I decided instead of sitting there I would walk around the field. So knowing that by swinging your hips back and forth helps the baby descend and become engaged, I get in my stance ready to speed walk. Feet a little bigger than shoulder width apart and swinging my hips as much as I could while walking. Well....come the second time around the field I feel a gush. So i yank my pants down (no there was No-one else but us on the fields!!) and sure enough my undergarments are wet. So I freak, in a very good way. That had to be my water breaking! What else could it be?! So I can barely talk but managed to call the doctors and talk with a nurse who tells me to come in right away to get checked. Well I ride in the car with my pants half off sitting on paper towels!!! We get there and the nurse does all the regular things, blood pressure, weight, pee in the cup...then we get to see the doctor!! I am laying there with my feet in stirrups, specula in place and uncomfortable, when she tells me the test says there is no amniotic fluid. what?! Then what could it be? She tells me that as I was walking the babies head could have descended and pressed on my bladder very hard causing...you guessed it, a gush of pee to come out. So at 24 years old, I wet my pants.

So no baby for Thanksgiving but with my due date only 2 1/2 weeks aways I still have plenty of time to walk and eat spicy food to get my uterus dilated!!

No comments: